Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

What about the caption?

 I normally pay attention to the words under a picture in a newspaper. If anything, my intention is to gander over the picture, see the detail, and determine if it draws my interest enough to read the article.
 During this assignment, we were assigned articles that taught us the importance of captions and why they are crucial in journalism.
 For myself, captions are really tricky because they force me to be creative yet explain what is going on in the picture.
 Throughout this assignment, I learned that when captioning pictures it is important to identify what is taking place in the picture. Without identifying what is happening, the reader may become lost of uninterested in the article.
 Providing the reader with an identity can be challenging.
 Another aspect that I took away from reading the articles, is that spelling names correctly is critical. Not only is it embarrassing for you, but also your employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment